The GRI is a “modular” framework that companies can use to report its impacts on the world – most specifically in the social, environmental and economic areas.
Contributing to a more sustainable, regenerative future looks different for all businesses. GRI reports support a company in sharing its most important and pressing material issues so that all stakeholders can get a clear picture of the company’s actions and results.
For example, one company could have a bike-to-work program, saving the environment pounds of carbon emissions. Another company could have a social program where employees bake personalized cakes for homeless children, contributing positively to the lives of young people celebrating their birthdays. Sharing about these two aspects, in addition to economic information, such as the flow of capital between stakeholders, are all important components to a report.
Benefits for a company to use the GRI framework include:
- Pinpointing the areas that are most material to operations
- Creating consistency while streamlining complex information
- Strengthening communications and trust among all stakeholders
- Demonstrating transparency and accountability
- Providing important information investors want to see
When your company has the tools to powerfully demonstrate its actions, it will gain market share and be more effective in business and day-to-day operations.
Alegria Partners can help your company:
- Develop a roadmap to navigate the GRI reporting framework specific for your company
- Stay on track as they develop deliverables and report content
- Assess overall report content, establish a timeline, identify material disclosures, and set group specific targets.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to collect data and develop language that represents corporate initiatives and achievements.
- Drafts the report in compliance with the GRI reporting framework (focusing on all necessary reporting parameters).
Once complete, Alegria Partners meets with key leaders to discuss best practices to implement the following year.
Contact me today for a free 30 minute consultation to discuss how we can work together on your company’s GRI report!