HOW ANYONE CAN DESIGN A COMPANY SUSTAINABILITY TEAM
A GREEN WISDOM ONLINE COURSE
You’re passionate about bringing more sustainability activities to your company and contribute to an even more conscious business.
Or, you’re ready to create more than once-a-year events that showcase your company’s social and environmental values!
- You’re not sure what to do next.
- You’ve searched online for the perfect frameworks for your company but haven’t found anything that fits your specific needs.
- Or, you have put efforts into creating a team in the past yet the momentum has slowed and needs more energy.
During this 3-week online course, you can transform your grassroots efforts into a finely-tuned team OR energize your current sustainability program.
As a result, you will have a more robust, concrete sustainability plan focused on your company’s social and environmental values, tailored to your specific business model and culture.
What We Will Do
Using ideas and frameworks from the book, Green Wisdom, we will:
- Write a mission statement so that the team is on the same page
- Create a plan to enroll team members
- Brainstorm how to get Executive Support
- Create a list of desired results for your team’s actions
- Identify core social and environmental impacts
- Develop an overarching action plan and timeline to achieve goals that are in alignment with your corporate mission
- Learn about innovative, engaging programs at conscious companies that bring results and inspire participation
Who Is This Program For?
- Employees at all levels who want to start (or contribute to) a sustainability program to connect their passions with their career.
- Human Resource managers who want to recruit and retain employees that desire a sense of purpose.
- Managers who want a framework to save money and other resources while also increasing overall morale.
Why Sustainability Programs Are Essential
Percentage of millennials that take a company’s social and environmental initiatives into consideration when choosing an employer. 75% would also take a pay cut to work at a company with responsible values.
Percentage of chief executive officers from over 1,000 CEOs in more than 100 countries “believe that sustainability is important to the future success of their business.”
A 2015 Gallup poll found that only 32% of US workers are “engaged” in their work. This means that 68% of respondents categorized as “not engaged” and “actively disengaged” represents a vast field of untapped potential and profit that Sustainability Teams can help unleash.
Course Infrastructure – 3 Weekly Modules
- Weekly 60-minute group webinar sessions via Zoom to enhance group learning and discussion. Sessions take place Wednesday, April 10, 17, 24 at 1 pm Central (these are recorded if you can’t attend).
- Weekly 30-minute 1:1 session via Zoom with Nikki Pava (at a time that works for both parties) to discuss topics relevant to your company and team.
- Curriculum Guide with extra resources so that you can easily follow along during the webinar sessions.
- Ongoing group support through a private Facebook discussion group.
Dates for the 3 classes coming soon!
$100 for all classes
“Nikki is one of the most inspiring leaders I know – in business, community and family – she connects all of her values with clear action to make the world and her community a better place. I can count on one hand the people I would trust with the most critical projects, never doubting for a second that they would get it done with heart, courage and creativity. Nikki is one of these 5 people. Her level of experience, commitment and vision are incredibly rare. I would trust her with my most critical projects and situations.”Maura McKnight
About Your Instructor
Nikki Pava is the author of the recently-released Green Wisdom: A Guide for Anyone to Start, Engage, and Energize a Sustainability Team. Fortunate to be born on Earth Day, she has been a leader in the sustainability movement for over a decade. She is the founder of Alegria Partners, a consulting firm that specializes in sustainability engagement initiatives for mission-driven companies.
Prior to her work at Alegria Partners, Nikki founded EcoTuesday, a national networking forum that facilitated vital connections and essential change in the business community. EcoTuesday hosted more than 300 events in 12 cities across the country and brought together hundreds of sustainability professionals each month, making a positive impact in each city. In 2012, Renewable Energy News named Nikki one of the “Top 10 Women in Cleantech and Sustainability.
Nikki holds an MBA in Sustainable Business from the Presidio School of Management and lives in a jungle in Costa Rica.
Contact us to request a 30 minute free consulting session or to request a proposal.