With almost a decade of leadership in the sustainability movement, Nikki works with entrepreneurs and business leaders to design, implement and measure profitable sustainability strategies for their companies.
Most recently, Nikki authored Green Wisdom: A Guide for Anyone to Start, Engage and Energize a Sustainability Team. The book inspires sustainability leaders to do good, to create valuable and engaging initiatives for employees, and to show the same level of commitment to their company’s social and environmental values as they dedicate to making a profit. Companies featured include Dr. Bronner’s, Interface, Salesforce, Mountain Rose Herbs, Alaska Airlines, and more.
Nikki is the founder of Alegria Partners, a consulting firm that specializes in planning and executing marketing communications and sustainability initiatives for mission-driven companies. She holds an MBA in Sustainable Business from the Presidio School of Management and works in a strategic capacity with Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and non-profits to develop and reach specific, measurable goals.
Prior to her work at Alegria Partners, Nikki founded EcoTuesday, a national networking forum that facilitated vital connections and essential change in the business community. EcoTuesday hosted more than 300 events in 12 cities across the country and brought together hundreds of sustainability professionals, making a positive impact in each city.
In 2012, Renewable Energy News named Nikki one of the “Top 10 Women in Cleantech and Sustainability.” Nikki was also an Advisor for evox Television Networks on the company’s sustainability and communications strategy, in addition to serving as the spokesperson for its “Living” brand category. Nikki also served on the Board of Directors for the Bay Area’s Conscious Capitalism chapter, Women in Cleantech & Sustainability and Going Organic Magazine.
Nikki’s background also includes traveling the world interviewing CEOs and managing directors of some of the world’s largest companies. Her interviews focused on long-term economic strategy, environmental impact and social responsibility endeavors.
- Un Noche de Soluciones :: ”When Leaders Have “A-ha” Moments and Change Their Paths” – Costa Rica/April 2017
- EcoTuesday :: The Sustainable Business Leaders Networking Forum – over 400 events in the past 5 years
- FEM Talks :: The Secret to Creating a Vision to Fuel Your Work & Life/October 2013
- Harvard Undergraduate Women in Business Conference – Harvard University/Boston, MA/September 2012
- Women in Green Forum/Los Angeles, CA/August 2012
- New Living Expo/The Rise of Women in Sustainability/April 2012
- ConnectivityWeek/Women in Energy/May 2011
- San Francisco Small Business Week/Energy, Climate, and Sustainability: Going Green/May 2011
- Women in Cleantech and Sustainability/The Rise of Women in Sustainability/March 2011
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce & the San Francisco Small Business Association/The rise in interest and awareness of sustainable business practices and how companies can embrace the Triple Bottom Line/May 2010
- The Big Shift Experience/Panel focusing on highly successful small business owners who have made major shifts – in their business model and in their mindsets/February 2010
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce/The rise in interest and awareness of sustainable business practices and how companies can embrace the Triple Bottom Line/October 2009
- 415 Mixer/The benefits of networking and how social media can impact your business and career/March 2009
- Women’s Initiative Conference/”Greening Your Business Boot Camp”/February 2009
- San Francisco Planning and Urban Research (SPUR)/”Green in the City”/February 2008
- How Genentech, Badger Balm and Dr. Bronner’s use sustainability to improve their environment and company culture (Greenbiz)
- How to Network Your Way to a More Sustainable World… and a Successful Consulting Company, Green Business Entrepreneurs, April 2012
- Network Your Way to a Thriving Green Business – Advice from Nikki Pava of EcoTuesday, Triple Pundit, April 2012
- Top 10 Women of Sustainability, Cleantechies, February 2012
- Influential Women in Cleantech: Top 10 Women in Sustainability, Renewable Energy News, February 2012
- FernTV – Entertainment & Environment
- EcoTuesday Uses Online Network to Forge In Person Links, Medill Reports, April 2009
- “Silicon Valley Technology, Art, Green & Sustainability,” aired February 8, 2012
- The Gratitude Podcast
- George Kao’s Wisdom Hour
- “Green is Good“
- “Business Adventures” Online radio show with Phil Cisneros
- Green Business Entrepreneurs: How to Network Your Way to a More Sustainable World…and a Successful Consulting Company, Green Business Entrepreneurs
- New Consciousness Entrepreneurs Network Telesummit
Please contact Nikki directly for speaking engagement or workshop invitations.